The Organic and Sustainable Producers Association of Turriabla (APOYA)
Who are we?
APOYA : "Asociación de Productores Orgánicos Y Agrosostenibles". The Organic and Sustainable Producers Association of Turriabla was founded in June 2013 by a group a small coffee producers of the Turrialba region in Costa Rica. The association now counts about forty families.
To promote organic and sustainable production of agricultural products, that contribute to human, cultural and economic growth of the Turrialba region and the families of APOYA members.
To be a recognized and exemplary Association at the national level, with an excellent organization structure and the exceptional quality of its leaders. These conditions, ought to enable and foster the protection and conservation of the natural environment.
- Offer sustainable alternatives for small producers in the marketing and selling of their products at fair prices.
- Develop and teach responsible organic farming alternatives with respect for the land and the natural environment.
- Contribute to the long-term health and strength of families and communities in the region.
- Encourage friendly and sustainable farming
- Develop organic alternatives
- Represent associates
- Provide human and technical support
- Offer market alternatives
- Improve value-added products
- Develop rural community tourism